Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where oh where have WE been?


What have we been up to?  

Spending time with FRIENDS...

-------------------------------------------------------

EATING lots of FOOD...
(proof that Adam's children DO eat their VEGGIES... 
Carson gave up his pizza for broccoli)


--------------------------------------------------


Sweet REVENGE! ...
Payback.... Most of you saw the BLUE BOMB that went off in our front yard the night before the holy war... if you didn't... we woke up to toilet paper and blue BYU paraphernalia all over our house and lawn courteous of our rotten family.  The game was payback enough but the boys got a kick out of getting Aunt Missy and the cousins back by putting this flag on the highest peak of her house.  This flag was hanging high for almost a week because they couldn't get it down.  ha ha


-----------------------------------------------------

Celebrating Birthdays....
Happy Birthday Carson.  I survived a birthday party of 15 - 6 year old boys.  


-----------------------------------------------------

and enjoying having season tickets to the Utah football games...
The win over TCU... AWESOME!  I am still a bit upset over the BYU - UTAH game because Cody got sick that day and I had to give up my ticket and couldn't go... had to stay at home and be a good mom.  Braydon and Adam went and had an incredible time.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

 We are getting so excited for Christmas... I started decorating today and we are now just waiting for Adam to have an extra 30 minutes this week so that we can go and pick out our tree!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah!!! You are back. I told Adam last night that you need to get busy and do a post since we have not heard from you in a while. Being a Mom and a Dad should not keep you from blogging. Ha Ha! j/k Lights will be over soon. We should go out soon. I'm sick of lights and did not even want to put up my tree. I'm grateful for Zac and Reilly because they put it up for me, the ornaments are still in a box, but everything else got put up. Oh, thanks for watching the boys last night. I asked Andy if we should feed them a corn dog real quick and he said they can wait. Thanks for feeding them too. You are awesome! That's funny about the blue bomb. I did not hear about that. I know what that is like to have 15 6 year olds over for a party. Mic and Parker had many of those. Zac and Reilly have not been so lucky. Glad you survived. Hey just tell Adam to grab a decorted tree on his way home from work. Theres lots out there since we have done a ton of them, I'm sure no one will even notice and you could have a real one with lights already on them with a touch of Adam on it. He is good at putting lights on them. Tell him he is the new tree technician. I'm retiring. Ha Ha!

Karen Brothersen said...

I loved the catch up. And as for your blue bomb... I thought it might have been the Jones family. Even though I AM a BYU fan, I am certainly glad you got payback for that one. That was a MESS!

I love Christmas too! It is a wonderful time of year to love the Lord and Love our neighbors. And now that the "Holy War" is over, hopefully we can all be friends again. ha ha

The Homer House said...

Okay, that made me really sad to see the picture of the gang without us in it! What a fun time. How come we never did that before?
We sure miss you guys. I need to keep bugging you about Lake Powell, when are we going?
The rest of your post is fun too, you have been quite busy!
Love the U flag hanging...Trav is jealous you have season tickets, he says he needs season tickets to something!
Love you guys!

The Jones :) said...

It's about time you come back...gosh, I've had a baby and still manage to keep up with blogging!! :) :) Just kidding...I'm glad you updated though...was wondering what happened to you. You have such a cute little family...and looks like you've had some fun adventures lately!! We need to get together...and you need to meet our little girl!! I think you'll like her...she's much nicer out of the womb then in!! :)
Love ya :)

Mom OT said...

Thanks for the much needed night out! It was so much fun! We will have to do it again soon!!

The Homer House said...

Hawkes, come put some lights on my house. You should see my Christmas tree. I'm not sure what I have done. But, the Homer's have made history this year. In me and Tana's 9 year career, this is our first Christmas tree. You should have seen the circus pull into town with us trying to pick a tree. Send warm clothes. I'm freezing you know what off here.

Amanda said...

Your family is growing up! It seems like forever since we have seen you guys. We should have a little old ward reunion soon. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.