Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February at the Hawkes


This will come as big shocker to any of you that follow my blog (is there even anyone that does anymore)?  I am a total LAMO BLOGGO.  So to add to the "Lamo" I am posting all of February's event on one post.  
One a month is better than zero... right?

FEBRUARY at the HAWKES......

BIRTHDAYS
We celebrated 3 birthdays....
Cody turned 3, Braydon turned 8 and I turned 29 (again)!

Cody requested a Little Einsteins Rocket Cake and this was the outcome... I have to say, I was quite proud of it, it was SO out of my league... 
birthday cakes at our house always come from Costco.  

Cody and his cousin Carter playing on Cody's new "Rocket" laptop.

We took Cody to the Playhouse Disney concert at the ESA.   
He absolutely loved it!

Braydon took a couple of friends to Chuck-E-Cheese to celebrate!  
(much easier than hosting at the house) ... 
(check out Cooper (below), he is sucking on the back of the chair, not just any chair... a chair at CHUCK-E-CHEESE... good-grief, and I wonder how he got sick? ... I deserve mom of the year award for that one)

VALENTINES
... this was how we spent our Valentines weekend.  Rocking my sick little guy.  I was so bummed that we had to cancel our plans.  I had planned a great surprise for Adam and had arranged for my niece to spend the night with the boys.  I got a hotel room, made dinner reservations and even made a visit to Victorias...  
I was really looking forward to some one-on-one time with my man.  

SICKOS
... this was a month full of sickos, all winter we have passed junk around but poor little Cooper got hit the worst with it.  He got pneumonia and RSV and had to spend 5 days in the hospital.  




They suctioned his nose so many times that he had a permanent bloody nose for a couple of days.  Through it all he was still smiling.  I wish I could have said the same for myself.

we have HOPE
that winter will eventually end.
I just wanted to post this picture because there is sunshine in it and the boys are playing OUTSIDE!!!!!

I can honestly say that I don't remember a busier month.  I am thankful that this happens to be the shortest month of the year and that it is OVER! ...  well, almost... we still have 1 more birthday and a baptism this weekend. 

Thanks to all of you that helped while Cooper was in the hospital:  Mom, Dallas, Lisa, Lex, Sterling, Jamie, Amber, Becki, Caradon, Emmy Lou, Josh and Stacey.  You are all lifesavers and I love your dearly!



14 comments:

The Jones :) said...

Yeah...you posted!!! I still follow your blog...and was pretty shocked to see you post something!! I'm one to say as well I'm glad the month is over...we're always here for you and love you dearly as well!!

Vanessa said...

What a crazy month!! I'm so glad your little guy is better!! I think sometimes it is harder on the mom than anyone. Hopefully you can celebrate Valentine's in March! I think they might have Leprechaun outfits at Victoria's!! Love the cake!

Julie said...

So glad that things are better at your house. I love the birthday rocket cake. Will you make me one? Ha Ha! Hope things stay better at your house. Glad you posted.

The Kirby's said...

Glad to hear that every one is doing better! The cake is totally awesome. I am impressed but I am not going to show it to Nate. I don't want to try it!

wendy said...

I didn't hear about Cooper until he was almost home--I'm so glad he's better. The cake is darling, by the way. Oh, and you sil gave a fantastic talk at Stake Women's Conf.

ChasingChase said...

Yay that February is almost over, I am itching to start sitting outside every day again. And I am so glad things are back to normal at the Hawkes house.

Hendrickson Clan said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry you had to go through that with Coop.I am so glad he is doing better. So far Allie has been the only child we HAVEN'T had to do that with ourselves. I hope it stays that way... HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TOO! Cuz, I'm a good friend like that to remember on time. :) Cute Cake!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad he's home and you survived. what a crazy time. Way to go on the cake. I love doing fun cakes like that for birthdays. He'll never forget it.

Hope you find a time for belated valentines plans. YOU need some time off! If Adam's heard about your trip to Victoria's I'm sure he'll find a way to make it happen! :)

The Homer House said...

I can't believe you updated the blog. Nice job. I was hoping you get put the video to use over Valentines. Bummer! I'm glad the kids are all back to normal.

The Homer House said...

Okay, I will cut you some slack in the blogging department due to the CRAZY month you have had! Fun birthdays...you ROCK! I am impressed at the bday cake you made! I suck at cake making/decorating!
Your poor little Cooper, I am so sorry to hear that he was so sick. It's amazing how they can still smile through all of that! Sweet baby!
It sounds like you were all set for V-tines day, what a good wife you are. Too bad for Adam on that one, but I am sure he will let you do it again sometime!
Glad the month is over with. How did the baptism and bday go? I am sad we missed it. We have a lot of catching up to do in June!
Hang in there!
Love you guys!
Tana

carilarkins said...

I was following your little guy's progress on FB. I am so glad he is doing better. He is adorable. A month ago, Taylor put his mouth on a shopping cart at WAL-MART! I could have died. The kid is 5 years old and never does that--then he has to pick Wal-mart.

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

I am so glad you updated your blog. I periodically would check. I have jumped back into blogging. I decided, it is the only family journaling I am doing right now. Anyway, so glad all is well with Coop! So scary and yucky to have sick kids. Especially when they are so young! Glad all is well! Looks like amongst the crazy month you managed to squeeze some fun things out!

Candy said...

Wow... I must be hormonal... I got teary eyed at seeing the pics of cooper! Very unlike me. I am glad he is doing better, I hate having sick kids and worst is to have to take them to the hospital.

Praise to you on pulling that month off. Lots of birthdays and that is a great cake. You're such a good mom!!!

Judy said...

Looks like a lot of people still follow and enjoy your blog - including me (though I'm usually a lurker). :-) We didn't know little Cooper was sick either until recently - I'm so glad he's okay. You had quite the month (good and bad).

By the way, did Adam get to keep the motorcycle? That was quite the wipeout in front of our house.