Monday, March 30, 2009

The newest member of our family....

Meet our newest member of the family, "new member".  He really wasn't invited to be a member of our family... but one Friday afternoon he just showed up, he used to live in St. George and I really think he would have been happier if he had just stayed there.

This is my eternal "soul-mate".  He is a good man, but at times doesn't always make the best decisions.  (that probably doesn't come as a surprise to many of you)

One day "soul-mate" decided to take "new member" out for a drive... I guess "new member" didn't want to go for a ride that day and just decided to stop and lay down in the middle of the road while going about 45 miles an hour.  "Soul-mate" went for a ride on his rear about 97 feet until coming to a stop (and you wonder how I know 97 feet, well "soul-mate" had to go back out after the wreck and measure it with his tape measure for bragging rights).  High speeds, flesh and asphalt don't make for a good combination.  "Soul-mate" has some great road rash and "new member" is still in the shed in time out.... don't know that he will be coming back out soon.   Anyone in the market for a dirt bike? .... or a husband?   (smiles)

The best part of it all is that "soul-mate" was wrapping his wounds in Ace bandages ... he found out that he is allergic to them and broke out in hives all over his body... he's been itching like crazy for over a week.  Hmmm, I guess that it what you get for not obeying your wife.  


11 comments:

The Jones :) said...

I seriously laughed out loud at this post!! That is hilarious...your version of the story and expressions during it just make me laugh!! You and Adam crack me up!! Hope his leg gets better soon...hopefully the "pantyhose" will help him!! ;) ;)

Hendrickson Clan said...

Amy you're hilarious! I miss you tons... I hope Adam wasn't hurt to bad. When will he(and every other husband)ever learn!

Vanessa said...

Hubbies seem to have to learn lessons on their own. Did you say, "I told you so," or just think it?! I'm so glad he's all right. It sounds like an awful wreck -- but the hives sound the worst of all!

Candy said...

Ron's motto is "Happy Wife, Happy Life". And here is what I always ask my boys when they do something that is not so smart and hurt them selves, "did you learn anything?".

Funny story, I am glad that Adam is ok.

ChasingChase said...

When new member's of the family intentionally hurt existing members, they deserve a time out or to be grounded or something! :)

Newty said...

I'll take the bike! You can keep adam though. We just won't tell tiff that we have a new family member. Can I have the bike but keep it at your house? Hope you're doing well. We need to get the entire group of 93 hosers together. Why don't you put that together. :)

Julie said...

Haley and I are laughing. Ha ha! I seriously know what hives feel like cause I have had them all over a few times and they are not fun. I hope things are healing Adam. How is the new member of your family doing? Still in time out?

Judy said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That was a great post Amy! Though Ruth & I weren't laughing so hard when Adam wiped out in front of our house. Yikes! I wondered if you had softened up any towards "newest member." Seems like I saw someone looking suspiciously like Adam on it the other day ... maybe he was wishing so hard he projected a ride ... :-)

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

Oh dear...I was hoping to see the battle wounds to get the full effect! (smiles) That is too funny! Our neighbor is trying to GIVE us a "new member" Preston keeps saying yes yes...I keep saying no no! I know it is going to mysteriously end up in our garage someday soon.

Jamie said...

I saw that road rash AND the hives. It looked AWFUL. PAINFUL. But Adam, being Adam, was still laughing about it all.

The Homer House said...

Amy, I just got done laughing about all this and the giggles started all over again when I read your post. Too funny. Thanks for making my day again!